Make Many Radio Contacts to Search for all words in the Message
Complete the task listed in the message
More to come for how to set up the game
- The administrator announces on each frequency that the game has started. Or announces that the game will start at a specific time hh:mm
- Each player starts on their frequency calling CQ Ham Scramble
- Responding players provide their number, call, and first name
- After 5 minutes players can change frequencies at will, searching for all the players.
After X minutes of the game, participants may share with others parts of the message that they have heard but did not receive directly from the source. This allows team play were different team members collect different portions of the message on different frequencies.
Contributed by KK6WYW
Determine how many players are participating plus their first name, call sign, and "secret code number"
Multi frequency radio such as a VHF/UHF handheld, paper and pen
- An administrator assigns a random number to each player before the game and via a means that only the player and the administrator knows the number.
- Several frequencies are chosen and distributed to the players
- Each player is assigned one of the frequencies to use initially when the game starts.
The game ends when someone calls/presents to the game admin the total number of players and all 3 pieces of info for each player.
Full Description - Details to be refined
- We need an game admin
- We create a list of all players by name and call., in person check-in at the start.
- Each player is assigned a random ID number, that they pick from a hat before the beginning of the game. Numbers are sequenced, 1 thru X, that is their number for the game. X = the total number of players. New numbers can be added for late arrivals. Or even if folks want to play if they hear the game on the net, they can request the admin, he can assign a new number. Does that assignment need to be a secret?
- Let's assume we have five assigned frequencies, everyone get this list when they check in.
- AFter all player numbers are given, everyone gets assigned a start frequency, the admin sets this up based on the number of players. It can be sequential base on the master list (only the admin should see the master list).
- We start the game. After 5 mins, the players can go to any frequency they want, if they all go to the same frequency, that's not good, game will be over in the next round. Not sure how to fix this. And we don't want everyone to go to the next frequency, then we'll have the same folks for each frequency. Need to noodle on this, is the key to a fun game.
- The clock starts for another 5 mins, after folks have made the 1st frequency shift. The admin does this by going to each Frequency, tells them to swap to a new frequency. It will be assumed the players can self organize effectively for each new round. They will do roll call and share their name, call and ID number (pieces of info).
- They need to strategies over the nets, on how to best get all three "pieces of info".
- The game ends when someone calls/presents to the game admin the total number of players and all 3 pieces of info for each player.