Make Radio Contacts to Complete your Bingo Card
Game master chooses a set of frequencies and activates a bingo game. Players register their call sign and get a bingo card by pressing Play Game.
- Each participant has one or more Radio Bingo cards and a radio
- You choose a frequency from one of the columns
- Listen for the frequency to be clear.
- Call "Radio Bingo frequency *** this is your-call-sign"
- A participating station should reply: "Calling-stations-call-sign this is their-call-sign go ahead"
- You reply with "their-call-sign thank you 73 this is call-sign"
- At this point both players can fill in the appropriate frequency/call sign square(s) on their bingo cards.
- The original calling station can change frequencies or wait to see if another station calls.
- Ideally, wait until another station has used this frequency before initiating another call. (Frequencies are not owned by any one Ham, goal is to give others a chance to initiate contacts)
In addition to just exchanging the call signs, participants can pass additional information such as:
- What type of radio they are using or
- what type of antenna or
- what power level or
- their location (city)
In this variant additional winning criteria might be collecting contacts from at least 4 different types of radios (kenwood, icom, yaesu, baeofeng, etc. ) or 4 different antennas (CX-333, SHR320A, stock rubber duck, elk, loop, jpole, etc. ) or 4 cities (Redondo, Manhattan, El Segundo, Torrance, Palms, Westchester)
Contributed by K6VHY
Fill in a winning Bingo card based on making QSOs with other Hams on multiple frequencies.
Ham Bingo card per player, multi frequency radio such as a VHF/UHF handheld
- Collect the call signs of all Hams that will be in the game.
- Create (using tool) Ham Bingo cards with 4 columns and 5 rows. Each cell is the suffix of a participating Ham. The card also has 3 or 4 randomly placed blank cells that can be used as a wild card entry.
- Columns are for the 4 frequencies that will be used.
Personal skill building and satisfaction of accomplishment is the primary objective, however, success may also be measured as:
- Having filled in 4 cells on a horizontal line, vertical line, or diagonally.
- 4 horizontal cells filled in is a W6HA Bingo
- 5 vertical cells filled in is a Radio Bingo
- Both 4 horizontal and 5 vertical cells is a super W6HA Ham RADIO Bingo
Event may be timed. Winning entries may be announced on the club repeater.